National Leader of Governance (NLG)
What a National Leader of Governance does:
National leaders of governance (NLGs) focus on developing leadership capacity. In some cases, they work in partnership with a National Leader of Education
Our NLGs can provide support to a chair of governors in a school:
- with an Ofsted or local authority category – or at risk of going into one
- where attainment is below the current minimum standards set by the government
- in transition to academy status
- where the chair of governors is new
- where working practices for a chair, headteacher or leadership group need developing
Some NLGs will provide short-term support to governing bodies, for example by joining an interim executive board or chairing a governing body in severe difficulties.
Support can be delivered face to face, by telephone or by email.
How to get support from a National Leader of Governance:
The National Governance Association website here